One thing that makes MUIMUN stand out is our scholarship programme. We host international scholars as well as high school scholars with our next generation programme.
Deadline for MUIMUN 2019: October 31, 2018
(extended to November 14, 2018)
Our goal is to give as many students as possible the opportunity to take part in the MUIMUN conference. We want you to join the scholarship programme and contribute to the diverse and international experience of MUIMUN. Therefore, we invite international student and encourage them to apply for a MUIMUN Scholarship.
Our scholarship programme is divided into three elements: Accommodation, Conference Fee Waiver and Travel Support. You can apply for any element or any combination of them. The application should include especially your personal motivation and qualifications. However, we also consider regional and gender aspects as well.
To apply, please fill out the Scholarship Application Questionnaire (start process below). Remember that you have to be an enrolled student and at least 18 years old at the time the conference takes place. Furthermore, please provide a scanned copy of your Student-ID and passport (as part of the process). To finalize your application you have to send at least two references (at least one has to be an academic reference) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The references can include the following
1. How long have you known the candidate and what is your connection to him/her?
2. What do you consider to be the candidate’s main strengths?
3. What do you consider to be the candidate’s principal weaknesses?
4. What. in your opinion, is the candidate’s motivation to participate at MUIMUN 2019? Why do you think his/her participation would be an enrichment for the conference?
High School Scholars
In cooperation with the Sparkasse Münsterland Ost, we are providing high school students interested in international politics and the United Nations with the chance to partake in MUIMUN, primarily a conference for university students. We aim to encourage political awareness, contribute to your education and foster an open-minded spirit. We will cover your conference fee and offer a series of workshops beforehand, in order to support and guide your MUN journey.
We do have a few requirements for you to become a scholar:
1. You must be at least 16 years of age
2. You should have a sufficient level of English proficiency
3. You must be in the Oberstufe of a school in the Sparkasse Münsterland Ost area.
The non-profit Münster MUN e. V. (German registered association) supports the MUIMUN project actively, especially with a staff (the volontarily working MUIMUN organization team) and ideally. Additionally, it also helps in funding the project.
The MUIMUN Conference is hosted by: